Everdale is the lead partner on an exciting urban agriculture project in Toronto! Black Creek Community Farm (BCCF) was launched in spring 2013 and is Toronto’s largest urban farm. The farm’s mission is to engage, educate and empower diverse communities through the growing and sharing of food.
About The Farm
Located in the heart of Jane-Finch community, Black Creek Community Farm is a collaborative project with an aim to:
- Serve and inspire the local community
- Build community food security by growing fresh healthy food
- Support diverse natural and social ecosystems
- Create new and dynamic economic opportunities through hands-on training and intergenerational learning experiences
- Provide a food justice leadership model for other communities